BE STILL; HEAR; REFOCUS

“Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” – Psalms 46:10
A busy lifestyle is one of the reasons why a person does not hear the voice of God better.  He is speaking to us in a variety of ways, but often it’s drowned out amid all the turmoil of our daily lives. Our ego’s often push us into too many commitments and busyness that complicate our lives and drain us physically.  We make unnecessary commitments since it is easy to mistake the voice of flattery, for the voice of God.  Although God is constantly speaking to us, we often do not hear Him because of our constant activities.

In Psalms 146:10 “Be still,” means to stop all activity of talking, doing, and going.  “And know,” means to refocus on Him; stop trying to please everybody.  “That I am God,” speaks to us so that we can recognize the fact that we cannot be everywhere, be everything to everybody, and we are not as great as we or others may think that we are.  We can never be as great as He is.  I appreciate something a dear friend told me that the Lord had spoken to her, “Get over yourself.” 
Let’s “get over ourselves,” and return our focus to hearing Him. 
Prayer—Dear Lord, I ask you to help me put you as the center of all of my activities, and to give up the distractions in my life that exalt themselves above you, in Jesus Name, Amen.